When you think of happiness, what comes to mind? Puppies? A married couple together for 55 years? Seeing your baby?
For me, it’s burritos. Burritos make me happy.
You know what doesn’t make me happy? Indian Creek in Utah.
It’s hot. The approaches are steep. It makes my hands hurt. It makes my body hurt. And in general, splitter cracks crush my soul.
I was tricked and manipulated into going back to Indian Creek, a place I said I’d never return. But this time was different. I planned to eat nothing but burritos for every meal over the course of the entire weekend.
- Friday night on the drive to Utah: Chipotle and chips
- Saturday breakfast: homemade breakfast burritos
- Saturday crag lunch: Brownies and a banana
- Saturday post-crag, pre-dinner: leftover Chipotle and brownies
- Saturday dinner: more homemade burritos
- Sunday breakfast: more homemade breakfast burritos
- Sunday lunch: Gummy bears and a chocolate malt
- Sunday dinner: burrito at Jilbertitos in Glenwood Springs
- Monday lunch: another burrito from Jilbertitos
SO MANY BURRITOS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!!!!
Of course, I couldn’t just live on burritos, which is why I supplemented with chips, brownies, and gummy bears.
Oh! The climbing and scenery weren’t terrible this time around either. I even attempted my first Indian Creek trad lead called Wavy Gravy, 5.10b. However, I bailed on it. There were 3 parties behind us distracting me and passively rushing us along. For me, that’s not a good time to lead, especially when I’m intimidated to begin with. Such is life…